ꙮ The Making of a Seraphim Inspired Vessel ꙮ

If you have read most of my blog posts, it's obvious that I love eyes. Well these past few weeks, I found a Facebook group called "Many - Eyed SeraphimPꙮsting" and have found my my people. They post photos of art and memes like this:






So yes I created another eyed item and I'm happy with it. Here are the definition for my vessel, the casting and the mold:




Unaltered. Fresh from the mother mold. A failed baby.






 Challenges:

  • Plaster made my hands really dry and now my skin is shedding. Should've listened to Kayla about wearing gloves
  • Too much bubbles in my mold, I didn't take air out properly maybe
  • I have to wait for an hour to make sure the cast is dry. I didn't want to make another destroyed vessel
  • When I removed my 2nd vessel, some plaster was stuck in it. I was able to get it out but now I don't know if there's plaster inside the slip. My vessel has a possibility that it might explode when fired. I'm sad, I really wanted to glaze it 

Successes:

  • Interacted with some of colleagues and they're very friendly and helped a lot
  • I CAN RECREATE MORE VESSELS NOW THAT I KNOW WHAT TO DO
  • This project made me miss my ceramics class so I'm probably going to take one this Fall


 Finishing this project made me realized I could have done much more to the design but I really just want it to work so I used a simple design. I'll definitely create more molds with complicated designs, but I need more materials in order to make the plaster molds. Next time I create this vessel, I could use a different colored slip (if I'm allowed to) and wait longer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eye spy with my little i, a castle that can't reach the skeye and a lady who barely remembers how to use Rhino

Digital Rendering

Mandalas or Scabs (WARNING: MIGHT BE GROSS. PREPARE PUKE BUCKET)