First 3D print in my life and the hybrid collaboration

On March 27, 2019, I printed my very first 3D design. I was stoked! My design went through the software and programs without any problems however most of my colleagues had to troubleshoot with Greg to see how to fix it. The only design that did not go through was Angie's. The first try went crazy but she kept what was printed and i helped her clean it up so she can use it as a little coaster. The 2nd printing went well at first but then all of a sudden it also went crazy. Hopefully she will be able to print her form next week.

While my colleagues and I were waiting for our projects to be done, we had a little chit chat and I was able to connect with them. I learned a few things about them, similarities and differences. This activity definitely helped me with my social skills. 

Anyway, here are a couple of videos and a photo of the 3D printers working!


Finished!

Now, for the hybrid collaboration, my group mates are Tully and Shannon. These are the forms I worked with:


Shape Alpha, Shape Bravo and Shape Charlie



And here are the hybrid concepts:

Hybrid Concept A

Hybrid Concept A

Hybrid Concept B

Hybrid Concept B


Hybrid Concept A consists of octagon and star curves with lines to close the form.
Hybrid Concept B has the same curves except in the middle, instead of a star, it is a circle.

I followed the base shape of  Alpha and used the curves from Bravo and Charlie and just combined them together. The form that I chose is Hybrid Concept B. It looks more finished looking and not messy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eye spy with my little i, a castle that can't reach the skeye and a lady who barely remembers how to use Rhino

Digital Rendering

Mandalas or Scabs (WARNING: MIGHT BE GROSS. PREPARE PUKE BUCKET)