I do remember the basics of Rhino but do I remember ALL of the basics? Nope. The idea behind my castle was an eye. First thing I did was drawing a shape of an eye using "Control Point Curve" and extruded it to which it became the outer wall of the castle. I wanted to make this outer wall thicker but I don't remember how and I wasn't in the Wednesday help time. This castle has 3 walls... ...unnecessary walls. For the inner wall, I used "Torus" in order for the wall to have density. I wasn't really thinking about this and I could've used "Circle", extruded the curve and then un-"capped" it so it would look more like a wall like what I did with the actual castle. But people make mistakes and I just realized it while I'm making this blog. This inner wall has a parabola-ish shaped gate. I used the "Cube" then "Fillet" the edges and used "Cylinders" to complete the look. Now, for...
So there is a quicker way of making screws. I deleted the old ones and made new ones. Check out the differences: left - new version; right- old version left - new version; right - old version After re-making the screws, I started making the fan cover. At first, I thought it would be easy because it looks like it's just a bunch of pipes, circles and lofts but man, was I wrong. This is what I have for now. What I'm trying to finish for this blog. My next problem
Today, student's were asked to make at least 10 concepts for hollow vessels. I experimented with different shapes and controls to create a vessel. This assignment is definitely more on the fun side of learning things although it can be stressful because I have to think of which commands I need to use in order to connect different shaped curves together. For the first seven shapes, it was all experimental. The first vessel (fig.1), I used a circle for the base and an octagon for the top. The wall has a thickness to it because of the offset command that I applied on it. Fig. 1 Fig.2 has three shapes involved, two hearts and a circle in the middle. Fig.2 Third vessel (fig.3) also has three shapes but they're all identical but the middle star is smaller which creates this weird concept. Fig.3 Fig. 4 is more organic, both shapes have no definite shape and I also used the offset command for the wall thickness. Fig.4 These two ...
Comments
Post a Comment