Making screws makes my screws loose

I dismantled my fan today after arriving home from Thanksgiving dinner. There were not a lot of parts as I thought there would be. Since I don't want to lose the tiny parts, I decided to measure them first. Here is the best sketch I've ever done for this class:


Another reason why I chose to model the screws first is because I remember from last year, there were Youtube tutorials about modelling screws in Rhino. They used older versions of the software but I know it still works. There's probably a faster way to do it especially with Rhino 6 but I'll just follow what the channel's doing.


With these tutorials I was able to make SCREW C and SCREW A. I did the screw threads first because it was harder than making the top. Then I used "Sphere" and "Split" it in half for the top part. After making the screws, I did the nuts. It was pretty easy but there was a challenge, putting down the measurement. So I manually scaled it down to the right size. Good thing it didn't take that long.

SCREW C thread

SCREW C top

SCREW C complete

SCREW C and A with nuts

SCREW B had a different shape. Instead of having a flat end, it has a sharp one. I'm still trying to figure out how to do that so I just made SCREW B's top. I also made the 2 circle foam things that connects SCREW C to the stand and main fan.

SCREW B top

CIRCULAR FOAM for SCREW C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eye spy with my little i, a castle that can't reach the skeye and a lady who barely remembers how to use Rhino

Digital Rendering

Mandalas or Scabs (WARNING: MIGHT BE GROSS. PREPARE PUKE BUCKET)