Getting the hang of it....maybe?

Today, student's were asked to make at least 10 concepts for hollow vessels. I experimented with different shapes and controls to create a vessel. This assignment is definitely more on the fun side of learning things although it can be stressful because I have to think of which commands I need to use in order to connect different shaped curves together.


For the first seven shapes, it was all experimental. The first vessel (fig.1), I used a circle for the base and an octagon for the top. The wall has a thickness to it because of the offset command that I applied on it. 
Fig. 1
Fig.2 has three shapes involved, two hearts and a circle in the middle. 
Fig.2 

Third vessel (fig.3) also has three shapes but they're all identical but the middle star is smaller which creates this weird concept. 
Fig.3

Fig. 4 is more organic, both shapes have no definite shape and I also used the offset command for the wall thickness. 
Fig.4

These two figures (fig. 5 & 6) are from random curves that I drew and used the revolve command to make it whole. 
Fig.5

Fig.6

The seventh figure has the same idea with fig. 3, I used same curves but arranged them in a different way that somewhat mimics a twisting kind of movement without using the twist command. 
Fig.7


For the last four concepts, I followed a Youtube tutorial. I rotated a couple of them to make a bowl figure. 



I am quite excited to be able to use the 3D printers but I am also afraid of using this new technology. It will be the first time for me to create something using the printers and hopefully I don't destroy anything. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eye spy with my little i, a castle that can't reach the skeye and a lady who barely remembers how to use Rhino

Digital Rendering

Mandalas or Scabs (WARNING: MIGHT BE GROSS. PREPARE PUKE BUCKET)