Mandalas or Scabs (WARNING: MIGHT BE GROSS. PREPARE PUKE BUCKET)

On my previous post, I played around with the Polar Array tool in Grasshopper and got this as a result.


For this week, we'll be using arrays to create a 2D parametric design. From what I have seen in other students' blogs, most of them looked like mandalas but when I looked it up on Google for some examples, most of them reminds me of scabs. 

Awesome Design by Jean 

Mandala I found on Google



Parametric design I found on Google
Scabs 









So my question for myself is: "Mandalas or Scabs?"

Before I answer myself that question, I looked around Youtube to see any videos about this topic, so here's the tutorial I used for review.

I changed some things from the tutorial like the end point for the line. Instead of doing what he did, I used another polar array for the end line. Results? Awesome parametric designs. There were new things I learned on this tutorial, like using Maelstrom and Bezier Span.






These designs reminds me of that spiral drawing kit I got when I was younger.


I DECIDED THAT MY DESIGNS ARE GOING TO BE SPIROGRAPH INSPIRED!
Now I need to choose which designs I want.

TOP 3




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eye spy with my little i, a castle that can't reach the skeye and a lady who barely remembers how to use Rhino

Digital Rendering